We are looking for a Systems Engineer to join our team in our Ottawa office.
Reporting to the Director of National Support Services, the Systems Engineer works in concert with project managers and the field technical teams to identify the ideal technical solution for the client within project constraints. They are responsible for planning, setting up and implementing next generation security systems solutions, ensuring that the integrated systems run smoothly and efficiently, and resolving any technical issues that may arise.
They perform installation, maintenance and support of system software and user support and configure, debug and support multiple infrastructure platforms ensuring a high level of service is adhered to.
The Systems Engineer will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of integrated security systems investments. As an expert within the domain of System Engineering, they contribute to the development of processes, procedures and training materials.
The successful candidate must demonstrate …
- Demonstrated leadership and organizational skills and capabilities
- Demonstrated systems thinking capabilities
- Meticulous attention to detail, including ability to maintain accurate records and traceability
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience writing, reviewing, and executing test plans
- Demonstrated ability to communicate technical concepts and requirements clearly
- Ability to thrive in environment of ambiguity and uncertainty
- Ability to rapidly understand new technologies and incorporate on-the-fly change of plans
- Savvy in using tools like Excel, Word, Smartsheet, Visio etc.
- Available to travel when needed / required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent. A combination of education and relevant experience may be considered
- 10 years experience in security systems installation (CCTV, Intrusion, Access, etc.)
- 5 years experience in a leadership role
- Have or able to be certified in relevant certifications, such as; AMAG, LENEL, BOSCH, AXIS, GENETEC, etc.
- Secret security clearance (acquired or able to obtain)
What We Offer
- Work in a challenging and rewarding work environment
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits for full time employment
- A total compensation package that includes generous paid time off, holidays and sick days, and an employer matching RRSP program
- Employee discount programs, social outings and holiday gatherings
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter quoting reference CN-23-000 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: Only those candidates that meet the specified requirements will be considered for this position. Candidates that do not meet the requirements may be considered for similar opportunities.
ComNet values the diversity of our workforce and respects its employees as individuals, regardless of race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, gender and age.
We appreciate all who apply; however, we will only be contacting candidates of interest.