We are currently looking for a Senior Systems Security Technician to work at our office in Ottawa, Ontario.
Reporting to the Project Manager, the Senior Security Systems Technician (SSST) assists with the design, coordination, installation, maintenance and inspections of access control, intrusion and video surveillance systems.
The Senior SST assists in building the infrastructure, physically installing security systems hardware and making the necessary connections. Installation includes both the software application system and the hardware installation, deployment and the connectivity that is required to make the systems work together and interaction with users to develop solutions for their needs, based on a variety of alternative security systems technologies.
The incumbent completes work orders, requests, and assists in troubleshooting problems to make necessary repairs.
Under the direction and management of the Project Manager, the Senior SST leads multiple small to large projects at one time ensuring they are delivered on time. As project lead, they are responsible for directing the work of level 1, 2 & 3 SST employees assigned to the project.
We ask all applicants to clearly identify related / relevant experience pertaining to the qualifications listed below.
Education & Professional/Technical Knowledge:
- High school diploma and/or technical degree or certificate
- Minimum of 7 years experience working with security systems including, service and maintenance across a broad spectrum of access control, intrusion and video surveillance systems
- Minimum of 7 year experience inspecting access control and video surveillance systems
- Minimum of 7 year experience of systems security systems’ basic configuration
- Must have broad knowledge and experience in a wide range of network, hardware and software system
- Strong knowledge of test equipment such as multi-meters, digital analyzers, battery analyzers, frequency meter, decibel meters, and communicating devices
- Demonstrated knowledge of network principles and experience with network installations by studying work order, manuals and technical specifications
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience operating a computer and various software packages
- Certified for at least 2 VMS systems
- Certified for at least 2 access control system
- Trained and certified for at least 2 camera manufacturer
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
The right candidate will:
- Communicate effectively both in writing and verbally
- Exercise considerable judgment and initiative
- Demonstrated ability to manage time effectively, to follow directions, and to work as part of a team
- Work independently and prioritize multiple tasks and adapt to changes
- Stay abreast of changes in security technology
- Work with hand tools and small power tools
- Work in small and confined spaces and heights
- Be capable of lifting up to 50 lbs
- Good understanding of blueprints, wiring diagrams, and schematics
- Identify and solve problems
- Effectively lead and plan workdays for crews of 1-4
- Demonstrated ability to interact positively and effectively communicate with public, IT customers, and staff
- Valid driver’s licence with a clean driver’s abstract
- Hold or be able to obtain a Secret security clearance
- Basic knowledge of applicable provincial and federal laws and regulations
- Experience with safe environment by following codes, standards and legal regulations
- Own tools/equipment including steel-toes safety boots and gloves
If you are interested in this opportunity please send your resume and cover letter to Luc Jolicoeur quoting reference #Comp-21-017 at: email@example.com.
NOTE: Only those candidates that meet the specified requirements will be considered for this position. Candidates that do not meet the requirements may be considered for similar opportunities.
ComNet values the diversity of our workforce and respects its employees as individuals, regardless of race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, gender and age.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and ComNet’ Policies on Accommodation, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of ComNet’ hiring process.
We appreciate all who apply, however we will only be contacting candidates of interest.