We are currently looking for a Project Manager for our Montreal office.
The Project Manager (PM) is responsible for the oversight and coordination for all phases of assigned projects, including planning, scheduling, coordinating employees, material and equipment, ensuring that specifications are being followed and work is proceeding with quality, on schedule and within budget.
The PM handles all project administration, including cost control, schedule control and change order administration, they assist with the preparation and submission of project budget estimates, plan and prepare schedules and milestones, and monitor progress against established schedules. They prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with clients, suppliers and subcontractors.
Additionally, the PM oversees performance of all employees; reviews their reports, checks on any reported difficulties and corrects any safety violations or other reported deficiencies as well as holds regular team meetings, and plans work and resource requirements ahead of time.
We ask all applicants to clearly identify related / relevant experience pertaining to the qualifications listed below.
Education and Professional / Technical Knowledge:
- Post-secondary degree or certificate in project management, business admin, computer science or electrical engineering (equivalent experience and education will be considered)
- Three (3) years of project management experience with strong knowledge of project management best practices. PMP certificate preferred.
- Demonstrated experience planning, organizing and coordinating construction projects
- Experience reading plans and ability to understand the scope of projects assigned
- Extensive knowledge of applicable laws, codes and industry regulations
- Familiar with project management software (i.e. Smartsheet) and MS Office
- Financial and job cost accounting knowledge
The right candidate will have:
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong negotiating skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Clear understanding of the importance of robust business processes and systems and a strong commitment to quality and exceptional client service
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills with the ability to effectively prioritize work requests and multitask
- Ability to work under pressure and coordinate numerous activities and groups of people who need to cooperate to achieve maximum efficiency
- Must be bilingual (French & English)
- Valid driver’s licence with a clean driver’s abstract
- Hold or be able to obtain a Secret security clearance
If you are interested in this opportunity please send your resume and cover letter, quoting reference #CN-21-028 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those candidates that meet the specified requirements will be considered for this position. Candidates that do not meet the requirements may be considered for similar opportunities.
ComNet values the diversity of our workforce and respects its employees as individuals, regardless of race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, gender and age.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and ComNet’s Policies on Accommodation, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of ComNet’s hiring process.
We appreciate all who apply, however we will only be contacting candidates of interest.