ComNet is looking for a Network IoT Technician Level 3 for a 1 Year Term, who can work exclusively overnights throughout Western Canada. Applicants must reside in the Greater Vancouver Region or Okanagan.
The Network IoT Technician (NIT), Level 3 is responsible to install, test, label and maintain low-voltage, wired communication systems and signal sources to the terminal or equipment at the end of the distribution system.
The incumbent works on a variety of communications infrastructures such as fibre optic, coaxial, Unshielded Twisted Pair (UTP), Shielded Twisted Pair (STP) and other types of cable systems and the architecture and types of systems they work on usually transmit voice, video, and data within industrial, commercial, institutional and office complexes.
We ask all applicants to clearly identify related / relevant experience pertaining to the qualifications listed below.
- 5+ years of network cabling experience
- Experienced being a lead hand accountable to deliver various components of small to medium sized projects
- Experience with LAN cabling application and knowledge of fiber installation
- Capable of performing routine cabling & connectivity operations at various customer locations with minimal or no direct supervision
- Basic knowledge of applicable provincial and federal laws and regulations
Skills and Abilities
Applicants must be able to:
- Read blue prints and schematic drawings
- Operate hand and power tools
- Communicate effectively and provide excellent customer service
- Identify and solve problems
- Exercise considerable judgment and initiative
- Manage time effectively
- Work in small and confined spaces and at heights
- Lift 50+ pounds, be on their feet for long periods of time and have good stamina
Training and Certification
Must have or be able to obtain:
- Occupational Health & Safety awareness for workers
- Workplace Violence and Harassment
- Working at Heights
- Lift training
- Must be able to travel and work overnights throughout western Canada
- Must have a valid Provincial driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract & access to a reliable vehicle if required
- Must have your own tools
If you are interested in this opportunity please send your resume and cover letter quoting reference Comp#24-005 to email@example.com
NOTE: Only those candidates that meet the specified requirements will be considered for this position. Candidates that do not meet the requirements may be considered for similar opportunities.
ComNet values the diversity of our workforce and respects its employees as individuals, regardless of race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, gender and age.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and ComNet Policies on Accommodation, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of ComNet’s hiring process.
We appreciate all who apply, however we will only be contacting candidates of interest.