We are currently looking for an IoT Estimator to join our team at our Ottawa Office.
The IoT Estimator is responsible for the smooth organization, implementation, and completion of the project Quoting Process including, but not limited to, estimating, design, material and resource coordination, in respect of schedule, budget and quality. Projects to estimate may involve telecommunication products, audio visual systems, Nurse Call solutions, and public address systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage all estimates with ethics and integrity, respecting budgets and timetable in conformity with the recognized trade characteristics
- Ensure compliance with ComNet’s quality standards as well as the client’s specific quality standards
- Complete estimating and quoting a project
- Computes costs by analyzing labor, material, and time requirements
- Presents prepared estimate by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information.
- Prepares work to be estimated by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents
- Identifying the elements of project design that may be likely to give rise to disputes and claims
- Liaise with various trade partners, subcontractors, suppliers to ensure proper resourcing and all material is accounted for and included in estimate for quoting.
- Provide support to all parties involved in the projects being bid (client, architects, consultants, contractors, building owner sub-contractors, and technicians)
- Participate in post mortem of all project close-outs to review final costs versus estimations
- Resolves discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Maintain up-to-date pricing lists from suppliers and vendors and ensure data is captured in the quoting
- Stay abreast of industry products and trends and maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, seminars and reviewing technical publications
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
We ask all applicants to clearly identify related / relevant experience pertaining to the qualifications listed below.
Education, Certification and Technical Requirements:
- Minimum of a College Diploma from a Building Technology program or equivalent. A combination of education and experience with the proven ability to perform the job tasks may be accepted.
- 5 years related industry experience considered an asset
- Strong computer skills, e.g. MS Office Suite
- Experience with CadCam, SmartSheet, ServiCentre or similar software
- Experience with AutoCAD, Revit or similar software
- Strong knowledge of software , various estimating software’s, electronic tools, excel, and , SmartSheet
- Must be able to read plans and blueprints
- Industry knowledge in telecommunication products
- Experience with industry regulations, standards and building codes
Skills and Abilities:
- Able to read, analyze, and interpret technical documents and specifications, datasheets, technical procedures and government regulations
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Clear understanding of the importance of robust business processes and systems and a strong commitment to quality and exceptional client service
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills with the ability to effectively prioritize work requests, juggle multiple tasks and provide cost estimates in a timely manner to help projects stay on time and on budget
- Ability to work under pressure and coordinate numerous activities and groups of people who need to cooperate to achieve maximum efficiency
- Exhibits strong communication skills to confidently interact and communicate scope and coordinate tasks with vendors and coworkers
- Punctual and dependable
- Self-motivated, flexible attitude, and responsible
- Big picture mindset, able to see full project mission, not just your discipline
- Keen attention to detail in order to reduce the potential for costly cost-estimating mistakes
- Bilingual French/English is considered an asset
- Valid driver’s licence with a clean driver’s abstract
- Hold or be able to obtain a Secret security clearance
- Some travel may be required
If you are interested in this opportunity please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, quoting reference #CN-21-020.
NOTE: Only those candidates that meet the specified requirements will be considered for this position. Candidates that do not meet the requirements may be considered for similar opportunities.
ComNet values the diversity of our workforce and respects its employees as individuals, regardless of race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, gender and age.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Commissionaires’ Policies on Accommodation, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of ComNet’ hiring process.
We appreciate all who apply, however we will only be contacting candidates of interest.