We are looking for a master multi-tasker with excellent communication skills and an upbeat attitude to join our team as a full-time Administrative Assistant for our Ottawa office.
The Admin Assistant is a multifaceted administrative support position with responsibility for a range of administrative duties. Reporting to the Branch Manager, the incumbent works as a member of the branch team with the primary responsibility of supporting administrative operations.
Acting as the first point of contact for all visitors, the incumbent is responsible to provide professional and courteous customer service that exceeds client expectations when greeting clients, answering telephones, responding to general information queries and transferring calls to the appropriate party. Additional duties include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring Health & Safety protocols are being adhered to (under the direction and guidance of the Occupational Health & Safety Manager)
- Processing and distributing internal and external mail and preparing and tracking courier deliveries
- Assisting operations by creating work orders and purchase orders, contacting customers to complete/update their account information, creating new customer accounts in Service Fuzion and QuickBooks (QB)
- Setting up and maintaining manual and computerized information filing systems, including archiving hardcopy files to storage as needed
- Supporting Project Managers by creating work orders in Service Fuzion and QB
- Entering timesheets and accounts payable invoices into QB
- Collecting, matching and verifying packing slips to invoices and price quotes and entering them into QB
- Supporting Warehouse in processing purchase orders
- Sending out monthly statements to customers and assisting with invoicing, if required
- Recording and preparing minutes of meetings
- Arranging travel schedules and making reservations
- Maintaining office supplies and inventory
The successful candidate must demonstrate …
- Proven administrative experience working under pressure in a professional services environment
- Professional appearance and friendly, personable, positive disposition
- Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated exceptional discretion and confidentiality
- Ability to create, format, edit documents
- Superior verbal and written communication skills in English
- Acute attention to detail and accuracy when completing tasks
- High level of self-motivation and strong sense of initiative with the ability to take instructions, manage ongoing tasks and follow through on assignments
- Ability to work on own initiative and take responsibility where necessary and to work as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong focus on customer service
- 2 years of working experience in administration (A combination of education and experience will be considered)
- Previous experience of switchboard operation is considered an asset
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, with emphasis on Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Excel with the ability to learn new software as required
- Experience with QuickBooks or Service Fuzion considered an asset
What We Offer
- Work in a challenging and rewarding work environment
- Employer paid professional development
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive benefits package for full time employment
- Generous paid time off, holidays and sick days
- Retirement plans with company matching of employee contributions
- Opportunities for advancement
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference CN22-018.
NOTE: Only those candidates that meet the specified requirements will be considered for this position. Candidates that do not meet the requirements may be considered for similar opportunities.
ComNet values the diversity of our workforce and respects its employees as individuals, regardless of race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, gender and age.
We appreciate all who apply; however, we will only be contacting candidates of interest.